Compressive Strength Failures: Causes, Evaluation and Resolution
Date: August 3, 2022
Time: Noon – 1:00 pm CDT
Presenters: Alf Gardiner, PE (Concrete Technical Leader & Principal Engineer – Braun Intertec) and Dan Vruno, PE (Principal Engineer – American Engineering Testing)
Credits: 1 PDH and/or 1 AIA CES LU (AIA Credits Pending)
Registration Link: https://cvent.me/01MEOx (The credits page on the website will remain “hidden” until credits have been approved.)
Description: This presentation will provide information about what is typically done when compressive strength results are less than the design strength.
The presentation will cover:
- The reasons for the low strength
- How low strength is typically evaluated
- What resolutions have they experienced
- Understand why compressive strengths may be lower than desired.
- Know what should be done once low strength is suspected.
- How to evaluate the low strength investigation data.
- Understand what can be done to resolve the low compressive strength issue